APM Screening Procedure
- Applicants must show two (2) pieces of identification. One must be picture I.D.
- Three (3) years of verifiable rental history from unbiased/unrelated sources.
- Applicant must provide us with the information necessary to contact past landlords. We reserve the right to deny a Rental Agreement if after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify prior rental history.
- Allowances may be made for applicants who provide qualified co-signers or pay a higher security deposit.
- Additional security or a co-signer may be requested for no rental history or unverifiable rental history.
- Cosigners must have monthly income at least 4 times the rental amount and less than $100 ODB.
- Verifiable gross income must be 3 times the monthly rent
- Applicants must provide us with information necessary to verify income and resources through employer contact, pay stubs, tax records, and/or bank statements.
- Income must be reasonably stable and not temporary.
- Allowances may be made for applicants who provide us with co-signers or additional security.
Credit and Criminal History
- A criminal history review is performed an each applicant through public records. We do not accept applicants with a felony conviction within the last five (5) years.
- A credit check is performed on each applicant. An applicant with good credit a positive rental history, stable employment (6 months or more at their current job) and adequate income will pay a minimum $500.00 security deposit. Additional security is required based on the following criteria with respect to Outstanding Bad Debt (OBD) as reported by the Credit Bureau. OBD includes delinquent accounts 60 days, collection accounts, bankruptcy, repossession, liens, foreclosures, judgments, garnishments, write-offs.
- Description of Additional Security ($500 minimum plus stated figure)
- $100: No credit
- $100: OBD between $200 – $500
- $200: OBD between $500 – $1500
- $300: OBD between $1500 – $2500
- $400: Bankruptcy within last 2 years and no OBD since filing
- $400: Eviction 36-60 months ago
A rental agreement may be rejected for any of the following reasons:
- Unable to verify past or present rental history, stable income or employment, or identification.
- Negative information regarding past or present rental history, previous eviction within the last 3 years, payment performance, credit references, or criminal convictions if the crime indicates that applicant may 1) pose a threat to the health or safety of others, 2) cause physical damage to the property, or 3) involves the manufacture, distribution or possession of illegal drug substances, 4) any felony conviction within the last five years for drug related crimes, person crimes, sex offenses or financial fraud (including identity theft and forgery).
- Misrepresentation: Any false information provided by the applicant.
- Failure to complete the rental agreement in full.
- Five or more OBD accounts.
- OBD due to a prior landlord.
- OBD over $2500 (except medical debt, student loans or past due mortgages).